Sunday 22 May 2016


BE YOURSELF IS THE KEY

        It happened four years ago. That was my first day on senior high school. My friend and I were a new student on my class. Her name is Yuli. We come from Bataknese. Actually, I moved from Samosir Island and She moved from Jakarta. At that time, I did not know how to speak on Javanese language. Even, my Indonesian language is not as good as my friends because I usually speak on Bataknese. I was an unactive students at that time. I just like a stupid student. That's made me really hate that school because I did not have friend. My friend and I have the same experiences at the first day.

      My new friends always mocked and laugh at me when I tried to speak Javanese. But, I tried not to take it serious when they mocked me. I had a bad experiences on my first day on school. I thought that every students were very arrogant. Every day, I just spend my time with my friend Yuli. We tried to learn Javanese language. Finally, we could speak Javanese but our accent was fun. That made our classmates laugh louder. 

       Accidently, I thought that they become a little racist. At first, that made me angry. But, slowly I think that I have to learn more. Sometimes they called me without my name. But, they call me " Hey, Batak." I thought that they were so racist. On my first grade on my senior high school, I got a worse score because the lesson that we learned on Sumatra was different with the lesson in here.

       "do you want to go back to Sumatra?" asked my friend. Actually, I won't go back to Sumatra just because they laugh at me. I'll show them that I can do the best. So that, they won't laughed me again.

        " everything is good there?" asked my mom. 
        " yes mom, I got a lot of friend in here." I lied to my mom because I did not want to make her worried about me.

"kon wes mari ngerjakno tugas ta?"asked my friend, Michael.
"uwes kok. opoo emang e?" I answered him. 

Suddenly, all of the student laugh at me because my accent was fun. I wanted to cry and want to go back to my house.But I tried to be strong. 

At the second grade, I can show them that I am not a stupid student. I also can speak Javanese as good as my friends. I tried to study hard and as a result, I got the second grade of the best student on class. After that, I got a lot of friends. I also being one of the dancer on my school.

Since that day,  my friends never mocked me and never laugh at me. Be yourself is the key. Do not get down when every people mocked you. But, show them that you can do the best and you are better than them. 

Thank you.




         




    

No comments:

Post a Comment